GOOD TEACHING - At All Grade Levels
- Enthusiasm – passion, energy, excitement for kids & learning
- Caring – empathy, nurturing relationships, community spirit
- Joy – celebrating the good, humor, laughter, story telling
- Dedication – hard work & long hours helping kids develop
Good teaching is as much about passion as it is about reason … It’s about caring for your craft, having a passion for it, and conveying that passion to everyone, most importantly to your students.
– Professor Richard LeBlanc
GOOD CHARACTER - At All Age Levels
- Healthy attitude – it's the control center of a healthy life
- Kindness – how we treat others defines who we are
- Work ethic – achievement in any field is the result of effort
- Integrity – honesty builds trust and strong relationships
It is not education, accomplishments, material possessions, health, or significance. It is character that will sustain a child, an adult, a family.
– John and Susan Yates